Here are some template fliers for when you’re doorknocking neighbours and asking permission to search.
They’re too small to put on lamp posts etc.
Tips for making effective doorknocking fliers
- State ‘PLEASE HELP’ up front – it gets people’s attention
- State that they’re a foster cat (if they are) – people may be more compassionate than if they’re your own
- Include good photos; include a larger photo on the back
- Clearly state that they are very timid and not to approach them
- Include rescue group’s logo, if applicable
Download template fliers
Should you offer a reward?
Based on new research, the Missing Animal Response Network no longer recommends offering a reward. Here’s why.
Some businesses (like Officeworks) will be kind hearted and will give you discounted printing, if you ask. Many staff love animals too.